- 32 bit bus
- Automatic adaptation to 3.3 V and 5 V signal environment
- ARCNET controller COM20022
- Bit rates 156 kbit/s to 10 Mbit/s
- Connector for 1 external ARCNET Interface module connected by ribbon cable (see also product data sheet 'Interface modules')
- Mapping of the COM20022 registers into the I/O and memory space of the PC
- Fast controller access via Advanced-Memory Mode
- Coaxial transceiver protected against invalid bit rate and mode
- LEDs indicating power integrity, host access and coaxial enable
- Elevated temperature range
|Order name||Short description|
|SH ARC-PCI104||PCI-104 ARCNET card with one port for an interface module type „PC104“|
Interface modules type “PC104”
|Order name||Bit rate||Signal||Socket||Cable type|
|SH KOAX-PC104||2.5 Mbit/s||sine dipulse||BNC||coaxial cable RG-62|
|SH LWLSM-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||ST/BFOC||single-mode fibers|
|SH LWLSMA-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||FSMA||multi-mode fibers|
|SH LWLST-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||ST/BFOC||multi-mode fibers|
|SH LWLTOS-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||TODX296/TOSLINK||multi-mode fibers|
|SH LWLVL-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||Versatile Link||plastic optical fibers (POF)|
|SH RS485-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 10 Mbit/s||RS-485/EIA-485||DE-9/D-sub||twisted pair cable|
|SH RS485-STB-PC104||156.25 kbit/s – 10 Mbit/s||RS-485/EIA-485||screw terminal block||twisted pair cable|
|SH RS485AC-BNC-PC104||2.5–10 Mbit/s||RS485AC||BNC||coaxial cable RG-62|
|SH RS485AC-RJ45-PC104||2.5–10 Mbit/s||RS485AC||RJ45||twisted pair cable|
|SH TWP-PC104||2.5 Mbit/s||sine dipulse||RJ45||twisted pair cable|
The SH ARC-PCI104 is an ARCNET card for use in PC/104-Plus or PCI-104 systems.
Unlike the SH ARC-PC104 it is connected to the host via the PCI bus. Featuring a 32 bit address bus (instead of 16 bit) it allows for higher transfer rates. Due to the form factor it can immediately replace the SH ARC-PC104 in PC/104-Plus systems. When the SOHARD RAW ARCNET driver is used, not even the software has to be changed.
The card is suited for the 3.3 V and 5 V signal environment on the PCI bus. It features a 32-Bit data bus and thus, enables high transfer rates. A boxed header allows to connect SOHARD ARCNET interface modules for the connection to ARCNET networks with various signaling methods (sine dipulse, RS-485/EIA-485, RS485AC and optical) via coaxial, twisted pair or fiber optic cables.
As the SH ARC-PCI104 covers an elevated temperature range it is well suited for usage in devices lacking forced cooling as e.g. the Siemens SIMATIC Microbox 427B.
The card features the following components:
The ARCNET controller is COM20022 from SMSC. It supports bit rates up to 10 Mbit/s as well as additional settings.
The card allows for the use of interrupts from 2 to 15. It occupies only 8 I/O addresses with a adjustable base address (compatible to SH ARC-ISA, formerly SH FARC E3).
Field bus connections
All interface modules (please order separately) are connected to the PC/104 card by means of a ribbon cable.
A security logic protects the dipulse transceiver of the interface module from being destroyed during operation by low data rates or by usage of backplane mode.
For technical information on the SOHARD ARCNET interface modules usable with the card, please have a look
at our product datasheet “ARCNET Interface Modules”.
- Compatibility: ANSI/ATA 878.1, PCI 2.2, PCI-104 Specification Version 1.0, CE for industrial environment
- Power consumption: < 4W
- Temperature range, operation: 0°C to +70°C
- Temperature range, storage: -20°C to +85°C
- Dimensions (w/h/d), mm: 90/96/11 (without connectors) according to PCI-104 specification
- Weight: max 250g (incl. packaging)