- 32 bit bus
- Using single PCIe lane (PCIe x1)
- ARCNET controller COM20022
- Bit rates 156 kbit/s to 10 Mbit/s
- Mapping of the COM20022 registers into the I/O and memory space of the PC
- Fast controller access via Advanced-Memory Mode
- Coaxial transceiver protected against invalid bit rate and transmission mode
- Switchable termination of the RS-485/EIA-485 interface
- Compound cards featuring RS485AC, TWP and various optical interfaces are also available
|Order name||Bit rate||Signal||Socket||Cable type|
|SH ARC-PCIe-K||2.5 Mbit/s||sine dipulse||BNC||coaxial cable RG-62|
|SH ARC-PCIe-LWLSM||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||ST/BFOC||single-mode fibers|
|SH ARC-PCIe-LWLSMA||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||FSMA||multi-mode fibers|
|SH ARC-PCIe-LWLST||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||ST/BFOC||multi-mode fibers|
|SH ARC-PCIe-LWLTOS||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||TODX296/TOSLINK||multi-mode fibers|
|SH ARC-PCIe-LWLVL||156.25 kbit/s – 2.5 Mbit/s||optical||Versatile Link||plastic optical fibers (POF)|
|SH ARC-PCIe-R||156.25 kbit/s – 10 Mbit/s||RS-485/EIA-485||DE-9/D-sub||twisted pair cable|
|SH ARC-PCIe-RS-RJ45||156.25 kbit/s – 10 Mbit/s||RS-485/EIA-485||RJ45||twisted pair cable|
|SH ARC-PCIe-RS485-STB||156.25 kbit/s – 10 Mbit/s||RS-485/EIA-485||screw terminal block||twisted pair cable|
|SH ARC-PCIe-RS485AC-BNC||2.5 – 10 Mbit/s||RS485AC||BNC||coaxial cable RG-62|
|SH ARC-PCIe-RS485AC-RJ45||2.5 – 10 Mbit/s||RS485AC||RJ45||twisted pair cable|
|SH ARC-PCIe-TWP||2.5 Mbit/s||sine dipulse||RJ45||twisted pair cable|
The SH ARC-PCIe ARCNET card series has been developed for use in industrial PCs that feature the PCI Express bus. The cards are available with coaxial interface, galvanically decoupled RS-485/EIA-485 interface or as compound cards featuring different ARCNET interfaces for connection to ARCNET networks with various signaling methods (Sine dipulse, RS-485AC and optical) via coaxial, twisted pair or fiber optic cables.
When you update to a PC with PCI Express interface the card can immediately substitute other SOHARD ARCNET network adapters, if your application is using the SOHARD RAW ARCNET interface and the corresponding driver.
The card features the ARCNET controller COM20022 from SMSC. It supports standardized bit rates up to 10 Mbit/s. The SH ARC-PCIe is a 32 bit card conforming to PCI Express 1.0a. The card is a plug and play device. Configuration of addresses and interrupts is simple. It may be addressed via I/O addresses or via memory.
4 LEDs indicate the following activities:
- Coaxial transceiver active/inactive (back plane mode on/off).
- Activity on ARCNET receive channel
- Activity on ARCNET transmission channel
- PC access to ARCNET module
For technical information on the SOHARD ARCNET interface modules usable with the card, please have a look at our product datasheet “ARCNET Interface Modules”.
- Compatibility: ANSI/ATA 878.1, PCIe 1.0a, CE for industrial environment
- Power requirements: 3 V & 12 V from PC, max. 4 W
- Temperature range, operation: 0°C to +55°C
- Temperature range, storage: -20°C to +85°C
- Dimensions (w/h/d), mm: 120/107/19 (without connectors and slot bracket)
- Weight: max 250 g (incl. packaging)